Instagram is addictive, once you open the Instagram app and start going through the posts and videos shared by your friends, families and other pages, it will take hours of your time. Anything will be the reasons for deleting the Instagram account. If you’ve decided, then you can delete your account permanently with your mobile app as well as with your PC for both guidelines are given below:
How to Delete an Instagram Account on Mobile
1. Open the ‘Instagram’ application.
2. Log into your Instagram account, which you want to delete. If already logged in, then it will open the homepage on your screen.
3. Click on your ‘Profile Picture’ icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This will open your profile page.
4. Now, touch the ‘More option icon’. It is present at the upper-right corner in iPhone and at the lower-right corner in Android on the profile page screen this will open the settings page.
5. Scroll down to the Support section near to the bottom of the page.
6. Select the ‘Help Center’ under the Support section.
7. Now navigate to ‘Managing Your Account’. This option is near the top in the help centre page.
8. Touch ‘Delete Your Account’ under the managing your account section.
9. Click on ‘How do I delete my account?’ on the Delete your Account screen. It will open a page with the deleting page link and instructions.
10. Select the ‘Delete Your Account page’ option, which is the link on the first point which prompts you to the Account deleting page.
11. Type your Instagram account username and password on the login screen.
12. And press ‘Login’.
13. Tap the drop-down box below to the heading ‘Why are you deleting your account?’
14. Pick a reason for deleting the account from the drop-down menu.
15. Re-type your Instagram account password to confirm permanently deleting your account.
16. Read the details and tap the red colour ‘Permanently delete my account’ button.
17. Tap ‘Ok’ on the confirmation pop-up box.
Your Instagram account will get deleted permanently along with all your Instagram account data which you can’t recover in future.
How to delete your Instagram Account through PC
1. Go to the ‘Instagram’ website using your desktop browser. Use ‘https://help.instagram.com’ to navigate the Instagram Help Center page directly.
2. Click ‘Managing Your Account’ option on the Instagram Help Center page.
3. Select ‘Delete Your Account’ on the next screen.
4. Click ‘How do I delete my account?’ on Delete your Account screen. It will open a page with the deleting page link and instructions.
5. Click on the ‘Delete Your Account page.’ It is the link in the 1st point which prompts you to the Account deleting page.
6. Enter the ‘Login’ details to log in with the account you want to delete.
7. And click ‘Login’.
8. Click on the drop-down box in front of ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ heading.
9. Pick a reason for deleting the account from the drop-down options.
10. Re-enter your account password to confirm.
11. Read the details and click on red colour ‘Permanently delete my account’ button.
12. Click ‘Ok’ on the confirm window. Your Instagram account will delete permanently as well as your all Instagram account data which you can’t recover in future.
Jaxson Harry is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.