YouTube Premium membership enhances your video and music experience on YouTube. There are a lot of features that YouTube’s Premium membership adds to your experience.
These are Ad-free content, Offline videos, Background play, YouTube Originals, YouTube Music Premium, YouTube Gaming, YouTube Kids, and Google Play Music. You can say, YouTube Premium is the replacement of YouTube Red.
YouTube Premium membership is a paid subscription; to enjoy the benefits you have to pay for it. Although there is a way to try all of the YouTube premium features for free- Free-Trial. But, it is for a limited time, and if you want to continue using it, then you’ll be charged. Here is how to get the YouTube Premium for free and use its features.
How to sign up for YouTube Premium membership
To get the YouTube Premium membership, you need to sign up on it, even for a free trial. You should have a YouTube account for signing up for the premium subscription. If you don’t have it, don’t worry, you can create it while signing up for the membership.
Procedure for signing up:
- Launch a web browser.
- And go to ‘YouTube.com/premium.’ This will directly open the YouTube Premium page on your device.
- Click or tap on ‘TRY IT FREE’ button. It is at the center of the screen. If you want it for multiple users, then use the ‘TRY IT FREE’ button of family plan box.
- Now, enter your YouTube account’s email address. If you don’t have a YouTube account, then click or tap on ‘Create account’ option. This will open the form for creating an account, enter the asked details and proceed.
- Click or tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, provide the password of your same YouTube account.
- Click/tap ‘Next’.
- Again, select ‘TRY IT FREE’ option to go ahead.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to provide your details.
- Enter your details and click on the ‘BUY’ button at the bottom.
You’re now a YouTube premium member, go to ‘YouTube.com’ or launch the YouTube app on your device, and enjoy the ad-free content, listen to music in the background and much more. Keep in mind, Free-Trial is only for a limited time and once it ends, you’ll be charged for the subscription, and the amount will be automatically deducted from the card. You can cancel your membership before your free trial ends to avoid getting charged.
How to watch videos and shows on YouTube Premium
YouTube Premium basically adds some extra features to your YouTube account. It doesn’t give you a new YouTube app or changes anything in the interface. Everything will be same as earlier; you’ll just get some extra features. Here is how to access and watch YouTube Originals series or movies.
- Go to YouTube and sign in with your Prime membership account.
- Go to ‘Originals.’
- Now, select what you want to watch series or movies.
- Go through the series or movies and choose the one you’d like to watch.
- If you want to watch the entire series, then choose ‘Play All’ or browse and select the individual episode you want to watch.
How to use Background Play to watch YouTube videos in the background
With YouTube Premium, you’ll also get a feature called ‘Background play.’ It is only available for and works on the YouTube mobile app. You may have noticed when you lock your device or open a message while watching YouTube, your playing video will stop immediately. Background play allows the video to play even in the background. Here is how.
- Download the latest YouTube app on your mobile if you have not already.
- Make sure to sign in with a Google account connected to to YouTube Premium.
- Now, search and play music, podcasts, news, or any video that you want to listen to.
Now, the video will not stop even when you open another app. A small thumbnail of your YouTube video will comes on the screen. You can move it wherever you find comfortable. You can close it by simply tapping on the ‘X’ icon or from the top notification bar.