Protect your kids or yourself by blocking a website
There are some people who wish to avoid a few sites. The reasons behind it can be several. Some of them are not suitable for kids to visit.
Remember! The steps given in this blog are applicable for Android phones and tablets of Android 5.0 Lollipop or the latest one.
The method of blocking a website by going for Mobile Security
- Firstly, go to Mobile Security.
- Then, press on Parental Controls.
- After that, click on Website Filter.
- Next, enable the switch of Website filter by turning it on.
- Then, press on Add.
- After that, put the name and URL of the website that you don’t wish to have any more.
- Lastly, click on save for putting your chosen website to Blocked List.
The method of adding a website to blocked sites list in the blocksite
- Firstly, go to BlockSite.
- Then, press on the Block list.
- After that, click the symbol of Add. The symbol of add is (+).
- Next, write the URL of a site that you wish blocking.
- Then, click on the tick mark which is Green in color.
- Note that the Block Sites page shall get displayed in front of you on the screen.
- After that, click on the Alarm Clock.
- Specify the exact the days when you wish to have the website blocked.
- Lastly, go back by pressing Back arrow.
The method of blocking a website by using NoRoot Firewall
- Firstly, go to NoRoot Firewall.
- Then, press on Global Filters.
- After that, press on New Pre-Filter.
- Next, press the symbol of the network.
- Then, press on Wi-Fi if you wish blocking the website at the time whenever your gadget is online.
- After that, click on your ‘Data’ if wishing to block the website whenever using the LTE connection.
- Next, go to the Address line and put a complete URL of the website that you are wishing for blocking.
Note: Don’t forget to put HTTP OR HTTPS at the domain name.
- Then, visit the Port line.
- After that, press the arrow pointing downwards.
- Next, click asterisk (*).
- Then, press on OK.
- After that, press on OK.
- Next, hit on Home.
- Then, click on Start.
- Lastly, check the pre-filter that you made for blocking the website is added to a list of firewall rules.
Hope you have been able to block the websites on the Android phone or tablet after going through this blog carefully.
Jaxson Harry is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.