Download McAfee on Windows and Mac
After securing an internet connection, follow these steps to download McAfee:
- Sign in to the account on the McAfee website.
- Browse to mcafee.com/activate.
- Go to the My Account option.
- Click on Sign In from the list.
- Key in the email and password or create a new account.
- After choosing the device and software, click on Download.
Install McAfee on Windows and Mac
After downloading McAfee setup, navigate to the downloads folder and install the program. Here’s how:
- When the McAfee setup file gets downloaded, double-click on it.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Save the serial number.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Activate McAfee on the device
Activating McAfee is a quick and simple process. You just need to copy your 25 characters alphanumeric product key and paste it in the activation tab. Let’s check out the step-by-step process:
- Double-click on the installed McAfee antivirus program.
- Click on subscription.
- Select the Activate option.
- Enter the product activation key.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Or else, go to www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Choose the nation and language.
- Enter the right region.
- Enter the activation code and email ID.
- Click on the Activate button after verifying the entered data.
How to Use McAfee?
McAfee offers comprehensive security against all new and old threats. After downloading, installing, and activating McAfee product, here’s how you can use it:
Updating Virus Definitions
When you update the virus definitions, you can make sure that your McAfee antivirus identifies all the new kinds of malware and malicious code. It is important to update the files to make sure that the system is secure.
McAfee programs have a feature built right into them which enables users to get the updates automatically downloaded and installed. However, the users have to update the virus definitions by themselves.
- Make sure that you are connected to the internet.
- From the Start menu or Dock, select Applications.
- Click on your McAfee antivirus.
- When the McAfee program opens, select the Update Now option located at the left-hand side.
- After that, click on Start Update.
- Wait for the virus definitions to get updated.
Running Automatic Scans and Updates
You can set your McAfee antivirus program to install and download updates automatically. You can also set it to scan automatically. Here’s how:
- Go to the Applications.
- Select the McAfee antivirus from the list.
- Allow the program to launch.
- Now, select Preferences.
- Hit the lock icon located at the lower left-hand side to tweak the McAfee antivirus settings.
- Now, you may have to enter the Admin user and password for the device.
- After that, merely ensure that the On-access Scan is toggled to On position.
- Hit the Threat Prevention icon located at the upper side.
- Allow the Threat Prevention prompt to appear.
- Now, go to the On-access tab. Click on Scan files and choose Read and Write.
- Move over to Also scan and tick the square following Archives and Compressed files.
- Go to the On-demand option and ensure that the square beside Archives and Compressed Files is selected.
- Now, select the Update option.
- Click on Schedule.
- Navigate to anti-malware update and choose how often and enter the time.
- Now, hit the Apply button located at the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
How to Conduct Full McAfee Scans?
- Open Applications.
- Click on your McAfee security suite.
- Go to Protection.
- Select Scan Now.
- Choose the entire hard drive in what to scan option.
- Hit the Start scan button.
read more : features of mcafee antivirus
Source : mcafee.com/activate.